Thank you for visiting us today. We hope your experience was pleasant and exceeded all expectations!
Endodontic care (root canal therapy) has been started on your tooth today and requires additional visit(s) to be completed.
- The temporary filling, we placed will not permanently protect your tooth from reinfection or fracture. Please avoid eating anything chewy, sticky, hard or crunchy on this side of your mouth. Your temporary restoration may be rougher than your natural tooth and may have a slight indentation.
- If you have been given a prescription from our office, please start taking the medications immediately.
- Avoid biting your cheek or tongue if you choose to eat prior to the numbness wearing off.
- The root canal treatment is only partially completed after today’s visit. Chewing on the treated side of your mouth, with only a temporary filling, may result in tooth fracture. Please return to your endodontist on your scheduled date to complete the root canal therapy. Do not return to your general dentist for the final restoration until the root canal therapy is completed.
It is normal to feel some tenderness in the area for a few days after your root canal therapy as your body undergoes the natural healing process. As a general rule, if you had discomfort prior to treatment then you should expect some discomfort after treatment. You may also feel some tenderness in your jaw from keeping it open for an extended period of time. These symptoms will decrease over time; it may take as much as a week or more.
Contact our office if you develop:
- Visible swelling inside or outside of your mouth
- Allergic reaction to medication, including rash or hives
- Severe pain lasting more than three days
Contact our office if you need to reschedule/cancel your next appointment.