Thank you for visiting us today. We hope your experience was pleasant and exceeded all expectations!
- If you have been given a prescription from our office, please start taking the medications immediately.
- It is very important that you take any prescribed antibiotics as directed, until finished. This gives your body the added help in fighting your infection and makes finishing the root canal possible
- The procedure performed for you today is called “Incision and Drainage” This was done to relieve the pressure that has developed due to the infection and/or inflammation within your tooth and in the surrounding bone.
- It is our intention, by leaving an opening in your gum, to allow this pressure to escape and allow any fluids to drain. In most cases, your pain should be relieved in a short time.
- During the time that your gum is open, you may rinse your mouth with warm salt water three to four times per day. Please be cautious and do not “spit” out the water. Gently let it drain from your mouth.
- If you have swelling, it may continue for one to two days and the discomfort may continue through tomorrow.
If you have any questions in regards to your tooth or the medications prescribed, please feel free to contact our office.