Thank you for visiting us today. We hope your experience was pleasant and exceeded all expectations!
You have had surgery on your tooth and you some swelling should be expected and may last for 3-4 days. You have sutures that do not need to be removed. However, you will be scheduled for a follow up in 1 week to evaluate healing and ensure that all the sutures have dissolved.
- Use the provided ice packs immediately and often for the next 4-6 hours.
- You have no food restrictions, as good nutrition is a very important part of the healing process.
- If you have been given a prescription from our office, please start taking the medications immediately. It is very important that you take any prescribed antibiotics as directed, until finished. This gives your body the added help in fighting your infection and makes finishing the root canal possible
- No rinsing today – Start rinsing gently tomorrow, 5-10 times daily with warm, salt water or with the Peridex that may have been prescribed to you after surgery. Both are helpful in the healing process and should be done for 4-5 days post-surgery.
- Please refrain from looking at the surgical site for 2-3 days, as stretching the lip may pull the sutures and cause opening of the wound. You can brush your teeth normally; however, please do not brush the gums at the surgical site.
We will make every effort to make your healing process a pleasant one and ensure that your healing is progressing normally. If, after surgery, there is any question about how you are healing, please contact our office. If, after 72 hours you do not feel better, with decreased swelling or pain, please contact our office.